Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall foliage in Vermont


My fall scene may look serene, but behind every picture there's a story, and it's not always as pretty as the picture. I took a similar picture when the trees were green. In an attempt to re-create the scene with fall foliage, I dragged the kids up the hill a week or two later. It was coldish, and the sun came out for 20 seconds every 8 minutes or so. When the sun came out, I yelled at the kids - and I mean YELLED - to throw off their coats, stand there with their sticks and stop wiggling. I was horrified to turn around and find a very friendly couple standing two feet behind me. I don't know how long they had been witnessing a crazy lady yelling at kids who were standing on the edge of a cliff. (the cliff was rather innocuous, in reality).

6 comments:

  1. :) - I love this photo. I wonder if they'll love it as much, some day, when they're all older...imagine the stories they'll have to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! Too funny. I think we have all had that kind of moment as a parent :) This picture is amazing and I am sure they will love it one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture! love the colors. very lovely

    Tamar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture!!! I also loved the story behind it ... such a true Mother's story!

    ReplyDelete